Oceanites, Inc. is a US-based, nonprofit, scientific, and educational organization under US law, which was founded in 1987. Its mission is to advance science-based conservation and to increase the awareness of climate change, its potential impacts, and climate change adaptation through the lens of Antarctic penguins.
This report summarizes activities of Oceanites since CCAMLR-XXXVIII and SC-CAMLR-XXXVIII, including:
• Results from the latest, 26th consecutive field season of the Antarctic Site Inventory
• Update on the Mapping Application for Penguin Populations and Projected Dynamics (MAPPPD) database and its use within the Antarctic Treaty system and in CCAMLR
- Voluntary Krill Fishing Buffer Zones
- Re-analysis of Gentoo Penguin Populations in the Antarctic Peninsula
• State Of Antarctic Penguins 2020 Report and Penguin Population Changes
• Update on Climate Analyses
• Recent, Notable Scientific Papers Relating to MAPPPD.