Oceanites, Inc. is a US-based, nonprofit, scientific, and educational organization under US law, which was founded in 1987. Its mission is to champion science-based conservation and increased awareness of climate change and its potential impacts through the lens of penguins and Antarctica.
This report summarizes activities of Oceanites since CCAMLR-XXXV and SC-CAMLR-XXXV, including:
• Results from the latest, 23rd consecutive field season of the Antarctic Site Inventory;
• Update on the Mapping Application for Penguin Populations and Projected Dynamics (MAPPPD);
• State Of Antarctic Penguins 2017 Report and Penguin Conservation Efforts;
• Update on Oceanites’ Climate Challenge analyses;
• Camera Work and Additional Research with Penguin Watch at the University of Oxford (UK); and
• Recent scientific papers.